Most of the hardcore gamers always give preference to a PC or a gaming console to play your games, but let’s not forget that the recent Android and iOS devices also boast with super gaming features. Recently most of the PC only and Gaming Consoles only have made their way to the Google Play store and Apple Play Store.
If you are someone who enjoys gaming on both Consoles and Mobile phones, then you’d be delighted to know that your favorite PS4 controller can now be used to play games on your mobile phones. With this you are able to play your favorite games on your mobile and you can use the default layout of your controller as you don’t need to learn new layouts.
As the PS4 controller uses wireless to connect to the PS4 console, so you can use bluetooth wireless functionality to connect your controller with your mobile phones.
The following guide will cover everything how to pair a PS4 controller with an iPhone or iPad.
- Open the Settings app.
- Press Bluetooth. Bluetooth is most probably already on, but if it isn’t, on it with a flip on Bluetooth toggle at the top of the next page to green.
- While the Bluetooth menu is still open, grab your PS4 controller and yes make sure it is already charged.
- Now press the PlayStation button and the share button and the same time and hold them down for a few seconds. Now the light on the back of your PS4 should start flashing scattered.
- On your device you should see a pop up “PS4 wireless controller” under other devices in that Bluetooth menu. Simply Press it.
- The light on the back of your PS4 should immediately switch to a reddish-pink color. So your PS4 is now paired.
Let’s see How to disconnect your PS4 from your iPhone or iPad
So once you’re done playing with the PS4, let’s learn how to turn it off. If you want to use the controller, you just need to hold down the PlayStation button for 10 seconds. But on the iPhone or iPad, the most convenient method is to use the Control Center. Just go with the following steps:
- Firstly open your Control Center on a Face ID-compatible iPhone by swiping diagonally from the top right of your screen to the lower left. And on a Touch ID-compatible iPhone, swipe up from the bottom of the iPhone’s display.
- Press and hold down on the blue Bluetooth icon for a second.
- A menu pops up, In that just press and hold down the icon that says Bluetooth: On.
- Now you should see your “PS4 Wireless Controller” in the options that pop up. Press it, and your controller will immediately disconnect.
And here’s the second (a bit) less convenient method:
- Open the settings app and press Bluetooth.
- Under My Devices, you’ll see your “PS4 Wireless Controller.” To the right, you’ll see a letter “i” within a blue circle. Press it.
- A menu pops up, press Disconnect in that. The controller should immediately stop working.
When you want to use the controller again, just press the PlayStation button and it immediately starts working again.
Now to unpair PS4, just repeat the steps above and press “Forget This Device” instead of Disconnect.